08/11/2017 - In accordance with the 2015-2018 Collective Bargaining Agreement, career employees represented by the APWU will receive a 13 cents per hour cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) effective September 2. The increase is the result of an increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-W). The increase will appear in paychecks dated September 22, 2017 (Pay Period 19-2017), and will total $270.00 per year.
The next COLA increase will be based on the Januay 2018 CPI-W and will be effective in the second full pay period after the release of January 2018 CPI-W. The last COLA increase of the 2015-2018 CBA will be based on the July 2018 CPI-W and effective un the second full pay period after the release of the July 2018 CPI-W. The cost-of-living adjustments are in addition to general wage increases.
This is the fifth cost-of-living increase under the 2015-2018 contract:
- $0.00 The first COLA would have been effective September 5, 2015
- $0.00 The second COLA would have been effective March 5, 2016.
- $21.00 The third COLA was effective September 3, 2016.
- $333.00 The fourth COLA was effective March 18, 2017.
- $270.00 The fifth COLA increase effective September 2, 2017.
Postal Support Employees do not receive cost-of-living increases, but they have five general wage increases under the 2015-2018 contract. On May 13, 2017 PSEs received a $0.20 per hour pay increase. On May 26, 2018, they will receive a $0.21 pay increase.