2010 Komen Denver Race for the Cure
Sunday, October 3rd at the Pepsi Center
5K Run/Walk or 1 Mile Family Walk
Register Today at www.komendenver.org
or Call 303-242-3100
75% of money raised stays in the 19 county
service area going toward breast health education, breast cancer screening and treatment
25% of money raised funds national cancer research
JOIN THE FIGHT AND MAKE AN
You and companies like yours have made the Komen Denver Race for the Cure one of the largest and most influential nonprofit fundraising events in the country. Nearly 55,000 participants, local and national corporations, and the support of the Denver community have established this event as the best of its kind, raising millions of dollars in our quest to cure breast cancer by funding research and local breast health and breast cancer programs. Race support comes in all shapes and sizes. We encourage you to join with other top Denver businesses in the fight to end breast cancer.
Benefits of Involvement
Based on your level of sponsorship, your company may:
• Receive high visibility before the event and on Race day
• Reach an audience of more than 60,000 people on one day
• Test-market and showcase products
• Build employee morale and company pride
• Retain and increase customer loyalty
• Align yourself with the top fundraising event in Colorado
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure, now the world’s largest breast cancer organization and the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer with more than $1.3 billion invested to date. For more information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure, breast health or breast cancer, visit www.komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN 2
Will you stand up and support a promise made between two sisters more than 25 years ago and help find the cures for breast cancer?
Cause Marketing Matters
A 2008 Cone/Duke University Behavioral Cause Study revealed that American consumers continue to have high philanthropic expectations for companies even amid the current economic crisis.
• 79% of respondents said they would likely switch from one brand to another, when price and quality are about equal, if another brand is associated with a good cause.
• When replicating the study online, results revealed that participants spent nearly twice as long reviewing cause-related ads versus general corporate advertisements resulting in a 19% sales lift. Consumers have an interest in corporate responsibility and they act on it.
• “This is clearly great news for brand managers, as every percentage increase can translate to millions of dollars in revenue.” – Gavin Fitzsimons, lead researcher for study Race demographics are available upon request.
Supporting Our Mission: Use of Funds
Our objective is to provide maximum return to support our mission to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures. In the last 17 years, through events like the Komen Denver Race for the Cure, the Denver Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® has invested over 23 million dollars in community breast health programs in 12 counties. Up to 75% of the net proceeds fund local breast cancer programs and at least 25% supports the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund research. Thousands of Denver women and men who could not afford breast healthcare have received screenings, education and treatments as a result of funds raised through the Komen Denver Race for the Cure each year.